By Paul Morris
I was at a messy (it was my birthday hence had an excuse) awards ceremony last night for work; The Digitals 2013.
The Digitals celebrate digital excellence and I was impressed by both the quality of entrants and by the numerous top companies/ agencies who had been short listed.
Worthy of mention:
- Dara O Briain was an excellent host taking the mickey out of the whole ethos of award ceremonies
- It was really nice to see Drawbrid.ge winning via Expedia’s desktop to mobile retargeting campaign; If you read my blog you will know I’ve been banging on about this new technology for a while
- The boring yet highly effective Basket abandonment email strategy was up for a few awards and certainly worthy of a look if you’re in a suitable industry
- RS Components are worth a mention as they are not in a super sexy industry yet were up for several awards (and won 2) showing even in boring industries you can do stuff that is ground breaking
- Barclays Ping It won the prestigious Grand Prix – a worthy winner I think for its simplicity yet ability to enrich our lives (slightly dramatic yet hopefully you get what I mean)
- Via chin-waging I found out about Rubber Republic that sounds like a great opportunity for those wanting to make and share great content